Great news! Our Ayurveda cookbook is now available for sale using Paypal! Click here to get your own copy via post!
Awarded ‘BEST HEALTH & NUTRITION COOKBOOK’ in the World 2009 – Second Place
This cookbook is an ode to the ancient science of Ayurveda. It features daily, simple, vegetarian recipes bound together by the fine thread of Ayurvedic insights, steering the reader towards a focus on freshly cooked food, and on the correct use of spices to enhance taste and good health.
- Benediction by Yogacharya Guru B. K. S. Iyengar
- Foreword by Dr. Prakash Kalmadi
- A prakriti test to identify your constitution
- Every recipe highlighted with nuggets of knowledge about food ingredients
- Home-style recipe with variations at the onset of every section
- Short chapters of Ayurveda interspersed with recipe sections
- A food guide to know what each person must eat regularly or occasionally
“Just as a strong and beautiful relationship grows out of compatibility between individuals, so is good health gained when we eat foods that are compatible with our system. According to Ayurveda, ayu or life is an orchestra of body, senses, mind and soul; balance, moderation and compatibility are the conductors of this heavenly orchestra that steer life away from sickness and suffering, thus leading to an existence full of happiness and contentment.
Sukham Ayu, researched at KARE, is a collection of recipes that brings Ayurvedic insights into the underlying relationship between humans and the food they consume. It consists of daily, simple, vegetarian dishes that all Indian homes are familiar with. "Most of the recipes are for daily cooking; home-style recipes are the first step towards bringing Ayurveda and healthy, flavoursome cooking into one’s home,” says Pratibha Jain, who has co-authored the book, along with Jigyasa Giri.“ – The Indian Express
For more information and to read what the media is saying about the book, visit: http://www.karehealth.com/ayurveda-retreat/ayurvedic-cooking.aspx